Twisted Ankle, But An Awesome Day!

Hey guys, Andrew here, bringing you another post of my daily life. I don’t want to say I’m completely back with the posts because whenever I say that I somehow manage to NOT be able to post. If I continue to post for another two weeks, then I’ll know we’re back in business. 😉 I was not able to get any pictures of the cookies I talked about in the last post, but I’ll try my best to do so. I should be offering some cookies and treats to my church mates, so that would pretty awesome. Anyway, back to the day.

Today seemed pretty interesting. A lot of things had happened. The majority of them were good and a portion of them were bad. I woke up, still thinking about the RYAP test assignment I had to have done (which I still have NOT done cause I can’t seem to get to it!), so I was immediately downed by the morning. So I went back to sleep, knowing there was not much things to be done. I slept for another hour or so and woke up feeling somewhat grouchy. I did not realize this until I walked downstairs, finding no milk in the refrigerator for the cereal and grunting very loud. My father said:

“What’s wrong with you? You sound like you just got slapped or something!”

And I was like: “I just woke up.”


“I don’t know why, I’m just grouchy, sorry.”

And that’s how it went, or that’s how I faintly remember how it went. So I found some milk in the alternative refrigerator in the garage (we still have to move it. Lol.) and poured myself some milk with some nice animal crackers. God, you can’t go wrong with eating dem animal crackers. They are so good when dipped in milk and eaten like cereal with a spoon. I dare whoever is reading this to try it out. It should be worth your time. So as the day passed and the house was being cleaned by the Paladie family (which is my family [my last name is Paladie]), I found myself extremely bored. Eventually during the morning my brother had found out a way to get my mother to allow us to play video games before 12:00 PM, which usually is forbidden, unless we cleaned up our room. So Matthew got to play some Black Ops on the PS3 because he had already cleaned up the majority of the room including his bed. All that was left was my bed. So I cleaned it and afterwards I waited for my brother’s turn on the PS3 to end. My mother had sent me outside to go enjoy the nice air in which I yes and no. I do enjoy our new backyard. Plus the trees in the backyard are nice and long. You could see the high-way that leads to our neighborhood because the backyard trees are right on the fence that borders the high-way line.

I tried practicing on my monkey-parkour skills by doing a sort of monkey bar climb on this fence thing.. God .. I don’t know what to call it. But yeah, I did that for a little bit and my hands already began burning painfully from the wood pressuring against my skin. Reason behind it was because I hadn’t practiced climbing in mid-air when the only thing holding you up is your fore-arm muscles and hands. So to get a little more practice with less pain, I climbed the backyard trees and relaxed in them. I found a position that allowed me to lay my back against one of the main tree branches and then have my feet rest against the supporting branches. I stood there for almost half an hour, staring at the numerous amounts of heterogeneous cars passing the high-way. I could actually think my mind out a little bit, which was good.

Soon enough I became bored of just staring at the occupied streets for awhile and plus my legs could not support me any more, as they were getting tired as well. So I climbed down in a quick jump and had expected my game time to come up next. My assumption was correct. I played some Black Ops Online Multiplayer because I was slowly getting sick and tired of Modern Warfare 3 (MW3) constantly forcing me into an all out rage mode, in which I yelled at everyone around me that talked. Yes, I rage. We all do. Lol.

Once my time was up my mother had forced me to stay outside the whole day. I wanted to have my friend John Alexander come over but unfortunately he did answer my texts. So instead my mother convinced me of going to our neighbor, Sarah, a 14 year old teenager who went to the same middle school in the area (which was the one I’m going to), and ask her how was the school like. I was hesitant at first. Reason why: her two friends were over and were doing pose pictures (like the sluts on Facebook), and I did not find myself easy to talk to girls, especially in groups, unless I was in a really good, confident mood or if I knew them very well. So therefore, it took a lot of time for me to have the balls to do it. Most of the time I just tried to stay with my sister, Patricia, and act like I was doing something. Eventually, I became bored, and Sarah and her friends already went inside, therefore I did. When I went back inside, my mother demanded an explanation from me about why I did not talk to the girls. I said they went home, which proved to be a good explanation. But my mother said once the girls come back out I had to go make conversation.

At this point, I’m really annoyed with my mother. It’s only the first month we’ve been in this house. Not even a full month. She expects us to make conversation with ANYONE our age here in the area, which is only Sarah, so far. I mean, c’mon, give me a break! Let me settle into the house and relax. I wanted to tell my mother, but I assumed she would slap me into the next neighboring country of the USA. So I kept my mouth shut and stayed in my room. Eventually, my sister invited me into her room and we watched a little Wassabi Productions on Youtube. They always seemed to entertain me. As my sister and I laughed, we did not realize that girls were not coming back out. So we became suspicious. Eventually, my little brother, Matthew, actually had the balls to go and knock on the girls’ door and ask for them outside. They said later, and they meant it. In return when my mother asked again if I had done her task, I said no and lied that they were not coming back outside. In return, my mother yelled at my sister and I and told us we were both grounded. I was so frustrated then because it was so stupid how my mother HAD to worry about my socializing with other people. I have PLENTY of people to talk to. If I want to talk to someone I’ll do it. Gosh.

Eventually, later on, the girls came out and I began discussion. It was hard to start especially with her friends immediately looking at me when I spoke. But then Sarah was nice and she replied back to my question about me going to public school and what it was all about. What made it even better was the fact that the other girls chipped in and told me that the teachers were basically “b*tches and evil people”. Lol. As the discussion stretched so did the easiness of the conversation. It was so easy to talk to them. It was like I was already their friends, but I knew that once I saw them again it would probably be awkward again. Eventually we had fun watching some Youtube videos like Wassabi Productions and anything else that me and Patricia found entertaining. Once that was done my sister and I decided to take a walk. It was still around 4:00 PM. The sun was in the middle of the sky, so it was about mid-day. But instead of walking, my sister and I just then decided that we were going to take a tour around this new forest she said she saw and it was long. So we lied to my mother and father about the walk and pretended to walk past the houses that caused us to be out of father’s sight. We turned our heads around and peaked back at my parents house. My father was STILL loading things in the car into the garage. So in the right times and moments I signaled when was the right time for my sister and I to move toward a bush to conceal ourselves and get closer to our objective.

Soon enough, we passed to the forest without being seen and took a nice walk toward it. The landscape was amazing. There were even some slanted hills that appeared to be used for a paintball/airsoft war. As my sister and I walked we found a cool, mystical-like arch way as we made our way deeper into the forest. We passed by it with wow. Eventually we passed by many buildings bordering the forest and found as well a tall, cement wall that separated a house on a hill with the forest. It seemed impossible to climb, unless you were a giant. As my sister delved deeper into the forest, my sister began to worry and say we were not going to make it back. Staying positive, I told my sister we just had to go back in a straight-line and we would find our way. On our path into the forest, my sister and I came across a huge tree that had fallen ontop of a standing tree. It looked like one of those trees that were climbable if you clawed your way up. I tested it first because my sister was afraid. Without fear I continued forward until I felt that the tree could not hold me if I continued further. I invited my sister up the tree and we both relaxed our backs until we felt we could balance no longer on the tree. So my sister slid down with ease, since she was pretty close to the ground. Unfortunately I slid down and had accidentally fallen in a wrong position.

As I slid down the tree and then jumped off the side, I did not realize that there was a jagged root on the floor. Unfortunately, I stepped on it and my foot twisted in shock. My ankle was numb and in pain. My sister had widened her eyes, but I told her coolly, trying to pull of the “no-emotion” look:

“It’s fine, I just tripped. Let me relax my foot.”

And I did. For only about 5 minutes I relaxed my foot until the pain had lessened and calmed. It was still painful, but it was not too bad. It was ironic, though. I had given myself a BAD bruise (by jumping on accident into the edge of a brick wall) on my knee and then I twisted my ankle on the same leg. If I had my hip twisted, trust me, I would not be able to walk with my left leg. Fortunately, my left leg was my strongest leg. So I was able to push on forward.

Eventually, we climbed too far into the forest. How did we know? Because we could only see forest for miles. Luckily, my optimism saved us, and we went back in a straight line. How we knew we were going the right way? Because we passed by the same tree I fell off of and twisted my ankle. My ankle was sort of almost weak and I could have dragged it instead of going through the pain of using all my muscles properly to move it, but I was taught by my father that every time there was a muscle injury on your body you had to work on it in the proper way until it did not hurt anymore. It was worth it. My sister and I came back to the house, safely, besides the thorns that scratched across our legs on the way through the forest. My sister and I decided to go inside and relax. We watched some Two and a Half-Men, which was a first for us because our parents (mostly my mother) did not approve of that show. Though I always found it funny with its crude sexual humor. Once that was done, immediately afterwards, my father’s cell phone had started ringing. He did not know the phone number and had a strange “Who is this?” tone. Immediately I was interested in who was calling. Turns out my sister, Patricia, had signed up for a modeling audition and was given the information for her area. A little shocked, excited, and revolted, I gawked and was surprised.

My sister told me the reason she was doing it was because she could make a little extra money. The thought sunk into my head for awhile, until it was surprised with another thought. My parents were leaving the house for three hours. Which immediately meant, more available play time. I played some Guitar Hero 3 and then a little bit of Black Ops. Then my brother and I went to sleep. I also tested on the computer in the office room and found out it could play Minecraft on a decent frame rate. This time, instead of sleeping in my usual room, my brother and I slept in the basement for fun. It was comfortable plus I had the Wii downstairs to myself just encase I wanted it. I did not in the future, but it was an amazing, comfortable sleep time in the basement.

That was pretty much my Saturday. I think today was long and interesting, so if you got THIS far, then kudos to you. You are an awesome person and I thank you for it. Have a great day wherever you are! Bye!



14 comments on “Twisted Ankle, But An Awesome Day!

  1. marykate says:

    Yes, I did make it thus far and I am awesome….
    You’re so welcome. B-)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s